Help! I Need a Non-Compete Agreement!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grass-Masters, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Hey everyone, I am in the process of buying a company that comes with accounts. I need to know if anybody has a good non-compete agreement I can use for the previous owner, and the employee I am getting with the deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to get scre*%d on this.;)

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you are buying a business with any real value, Call your lawyer and let him do the contract.

3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes something of this magnitude really should get a lawyer to do the paperwork.

4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I agree wth getting a lawyer on this. However, if you feel you can do it without, I would search the net for Legal Form Online and you should be a ble to find a Non-Compete that you can edit the details of.

5. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

ok- thanks for the input. I will call one in the morning. I just figured maybe someone may have used one in the past. I have ben in the process of going to look at the accounts for the last couple days. And this is moving to the final step.