HELP I NEED a Pro Slider or a velky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Firstclasslawn, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

DOES ANYONE know where to get a pro slide I think its called---its like a Velky but it doesnt have any wheels?? Please help

2. Firstclasslawn

By the way I have a 37 inch Toro walk-behind ---and thats what I need the pro slide for--the guy who sold it to me had one but kept it for the new one that he was buying, it had no wheels but carried you around

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally use Velke products (the two wheeled sulky) and I love it. I have never used a proslide so I can't knock it

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

Ebay has proslides for 140$
    i baught a few off of ebay

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

They retail for $300....got mine off ebay for $120, new in the box.

6. Firstclasslawn

Thanks Guys keep the replies coming :0)

7. chuckers

i also like the proslide due to the fact that it stripes as it cuts imo i think the client likes the stripes instead of more wheel marks

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Can you ride the pro slide on roads and drive ways as you drive up to the lawns or do you need to walk until youÂ’re on grass.

I'm not sure how the thing works but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out metal dragged on asphalt makes sparks. I think I'll keep the wheel.

9. chuckers

you can ride on the asphalt no problem i will post a pic of it tomorrow for you to see

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.novaecorp.com/

I cannot recommend the Proslide more. The skid plate is plastic, not metal, and leaves no marks on pavement and does not damage the turf. Plus, when the plastic plate wears through, you can easily replace it for around $30. I have never used a velke or other sulkie, but the proslide is really like surfing on the grass. The proslide has saved me lots of wear and tear on my body, my feet don't hurt so much at the end of the day any more. And it's fun to ride, as well!