Help ! I sprayed sealer all over vinyl siding !

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by bnzsealcoating, Jul 13, 2009.

1. bnzsealcoating

bnzsealcoating LawnSite Member

I was spraying and went to set the wand down, I must have bumped the valve and it sprayed all over the side of the house. I quick got a hose and sprayed some of it off. But most of it dried right away. Any ideas on how to remove the dried sealer ( coal tar) ? Thanks

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Two products will remove it. Either Oilflo or Tarbuster.

The problem then is it does leave a yellow haze behind that doesnt come off.

I have tried a million different things, magic erasers, tar removers, cleaners, power washers and nothing has worked.

Cost me a few hundred in siding on one house and two garage doors on another.

3. bnzsealcoating

Where can I buy those at ? A Lowes or hardware store ?

4. PaceSetter

PaceSetter LawnSite Member

Acetone will also work & also leave a yellow haze if not taken off right away. You should keep a can on truck. Any auto supply store carries Acetone.

5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

What about gas, or diesel, I have seen guys use a diesel rag and get CRS-2 oil off trucks....

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Thats why I wont spray anywhere near a house , we broom 95 % of driveways. As far as removing the coal tar , your supplier should have product that does the trick.
    But be prepared to possibly to pay to reside the house if it discolors the siding . You may want to contact your insurance carrier

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Thats the problem. Anything that I have found that removes sealer....Also removes what the sealer is stuck to.

8. bnzsealcoating

I ordered Tar- Buster online. I'll let you know how it works. I had to order 5 gal for $75 and shipping for another $30.

9. signature sealcoat

signature sealcoat LawnSite Member

sounds like something we have all did my best luck get most of it off is dawn dish soap washing it a bit then gas or diesel but it still always leaves some yellow discoloration