1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help. I want to upgrade my belt 36 to ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnkeeper, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Lawnkeeper

Lawnkeeper LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I currently have a 36 belt walkbehind, with a velke. My dilema is what to get to replace this unit to be more productive. A 48 will not fit through all of my gates, but it will fit through most of them. I was looking for an all in one unit that can fit all gates and give me the most profitability. I'm tired of not being able to get into corners with my belt, without having to get off of the velke, switch gears and then pull the mower backwards.

I am looking for:

faster speeds for my larger properties

the ability to back up without having to swith gears and get off the machine

And a great cut

I have two dealers who are local and would like to stay with their products.

choices are
    Bunton, hustler, great dane and scag

Where do I go? Z, stander, or just swich to a hydro walkbehind?
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Your great dane dealer has got what I'd get if I were you, A 36" Super Surfer.... A close second would be a Hustler 37" super walkbehind with sulky, I checked one of them out as well, It was nice too. Kinda wish I had a 36" surfer right now too!