Help Id This Bug / Beetle???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PetalsandPines, Nov 3, 2005.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Never seen a beetle like this before. Ugly, spooky looking thing . Over an inch maybe a 1.5" Any help would be appreciated!

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

My father always called them "stink" bugs.

3. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

looks like a Boxelder bug (not sure of the spelling)
  4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

to many in beetle family to remember. pretty sure its too big for boxelder. i had a spooky experience one night not too long ago. first close encounter with a locust. sob was size of a humming bird and sounded like one too. took half a can of dead bug to knock it out of air in shop.
  5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Looks like some species of stink bug. You'd better smash it to find out for sure.:rolleyes:

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty sure it's not a boxelder,don't remember,don't feel like opening a book right now.:D
  7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

stink bug for sure:blob3:
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, NOT a Box Elder bug. We have thousands of those around here (in my yard), and I've been spraying them all summer. I don't have any idea exactly what that is, but I've seen them before - quite common.
  9. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

Stink Bug ....They are common here in Florida. Make him mad and you will find out how he got his name.
  10. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

It's an Assasin bug.Not to worry,it's a good guy and feeds on ornamental pests,like aphids,spider mites,etc.,,