Help Identify This Tree

Discussion in 'Fertilizers, Pesticides and Diseases' started by locallawncare.ca, May 12, 2013.

1. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Its the one on the left hand side, any info would be great. I found it on google but no name, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

thuja.jpg

2. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

Hard to tell. The leaves kinda resemble fig or sassafras. when I zoom in it gets blurry on me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

I know it stays slender and upright, I've seen it used for screening and hedging. I'll take the picture to a nursery and see if they know.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Looks familiar, but I'm terrible with names... plz let us know what you find out...

I think it may have been highlighted on the PBS gardening shows over this past winter , but who knows??? :)

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Local,
    Not slamming you at all, but if you are at a grower and you can't find anyone to name a plant or tree, then don't buy from them. I go to wholesale nurseries often and each tree-plant is labeled.

6. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

The nursery didn't have that tree, that's why they didn't know. I have since found out the its a dawyck gold beech, but thanks for the info. Actually the wholesaler I go to has nothing labelled.