HELP... I'm fried!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aje3721, Sep 24, 2007.

1. aje3721

aje3721 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I know you guys that work in the business hear this kinda question all the time so I'll appologize in advance. I have a brain freeze over deciding which zero turn to buy. I have an option for a new Country Clipper Boss 52" 25 Kawi for $6200 and further researching a comparable Hustler. I am closer with my Hustler dealer and have considered them in the past. The 3 acres of lawn is nearing completion and first cutting will be coming up and the boss gave me her approval to buy. Which Hustler would be comparable and what would you expect to pay? She gave me the checkbook for tomorrow so I'm under the gun!!

2. Jordan River

Jordan River LawnSite Member

Never heard of country clipper. Having said that, I would go with the one who has the "best" dealer support. Who you gonna feel confident calling if your mower goes down?...

3. aje3721

aje3721 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks for the advice. I did find threads discussing the CC on the site and lately they seem to be favorable. In the past, a few years back, threads seemed to be on the fence about the Country Clippers. The dealer issue is a good point but honestly, I don't think anyone treats the customer they way they should anymore. I usually deal with any issues on my own as they arise. Surely there is someone out there with a current opinion on the Country Clipper Boss compared to a comparable Hustler...

4. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

First off...you likely wont hit that price point on a comparable Hustler.
    During the promos Mini Z 19/52's were 6199 around here. Not comparable!
    Narrow'er wheel base, underpowered, slightly higher center.

Country Clipper in my opinion is a solid machine, and at the price you stated,
    I'd buy it, and not look back.

If you have never owned a Z before.....DEMO the country clipper with the
    joystick steering...you'll have an unbiased view of how it handles.

Some positives on C.C.:

Insanely low center of gravity (especially on the Charger)
    Very wide wheel base
    Light weight...less footprint
    Joy stick option
    Flip up deck

Negatives:

Very strangely marketed, no dealer within 100 miles had a charger or boss
    on the floor to show, only the Jazee Pro (homeowner). It's like they
    are so confident in their product, they know you'll find them, and place an order.

In this instance, dealer support is not a wash, it's critical. If your quote for
    the Boss came from a convenient, reputable dealer, buy it. Otherwise
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER:nono:

The C.C. owners I've talked to on here feel like they have "a best kept secret"

Oh and you'll have to go with a Hustler Z 25/52 @ about $7800 for a comparable model

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've never used a country clipper or a hustler.. but i can say if i had to get another midmount i'd go with hustler.

jordan, there's a shop in millington that is a country clipper dealer here. they look like nice machines, been around for a few years. i've yet to see one in our area though (in use).

6. Jordan River

thx 4 the tip, Mike C. I'll check that out. Juust bought my first Z at Colonial. Bugged them w/ about a thousand questions for 6 months b4 buying. I figure they gotta be good if they put up w/ me taking up their time for that length of time w/o buying. We'll see cause next season it'll be time to replace equipment and dealer support is very important to me.

7. MikeLT1Z28

just tell ole jeff over there some skinny deputy named mike said to take care of you ;-)

8. Jordan River

well now, you just come on over to the "blue", and I'll get you some nice warm fresh doughnuts! MPD northeast D shift. After all, we gots an image to uphold....

9. MikeLT1Z28

NE?? isn't that the retirement precinct? excuse me.. station! lol

hey, totally off subject, but did you work a crash on 40 between appling and whitten about a week ago? kid in a tahoe creamed a parked ford contour or something? we pulled down on it until some of your cars made it.

10. Jordan River

I wasn't on that one. I work the area of Poplar/240 to Kirby.