1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HELP IMMED. with Scag!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by NNJLandman, May 12, 2006.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a scag 36 lawn mower to cut my lawns, engine fires first pull, sounds like a champ, cut two lawns with it today, it was extremely wet, third lawn comes and when I go to engage the blades the engine has a hard time starts bogging out and eventually shuts off....any ideas etc. Its my only mower right now and I plan on cutting tomarrow, my mechanic cant get her til around 5-6 so im stuck. So if anyone could help me, its due for an oil change, i checked the oil and its jus a bit low but it was suppose to be changed this wknd. Any help would be appreciated.

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Check under the mower for wet grass build up , i get that under mine when it's wet out.
  3. socty

socty LawnSite Member

:confused: A friend of mine has a scag with a honda engine, and he had the same problem...is your's a honda? Had to do with the clutch.
  4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Turns out the motor is shot, it had some dirt in the carb as well as low oil so im looking to get a new Kawi. installed on her this week, gonna try n cut with it until the engine bites the dust.