Help in DFW

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by evergreensolutions, Feb 21, 2009.

1. evergreensolutions

evergreensolutions LawnSite Member

I am an irrigator in the Collin county area. I started my business last year. I am thinking about putting someone in a truck full-time, but am nervous about it. I have always been a "do it myself so that I know it is done right" kind of guy. With the economy the way it is, have any of you had to let go of some good hands recently? I know that I am asking a lot, but I am not just willing to trust my company/customers to just anyone.

2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

trust just takes time with anyone. Why don't you work with them full time for the first few months? And then periodically afterwords. Make Sure they do it your way!

3. evergreensolutions

This is a part time business for me. I am looking at making the leap to full-time (with an employee in the van). My plan is for me to continue my other full-time job.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

There's some looney tune from D/FW that might be of a consultating help, but otherwise, you gotta learn the trade, make the mistakes. Then you can train someone. Honestly, I doubt you know what "my way" is yet.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

The other Texans have not weighed in yet. Do you have a TX Lic. for irrigation?

6. evergreensolutions

Pretty presumptuous, don't you think. Yes, I do hold a LI number in Texas. Thanks for your concern.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hey I wasn't being a d*** about it. Just asking. Most the Texas guys won't bother with you if you don't have one.

8. Mike Leary

Fooled me, try to be a little more informative as to your past when you post.

9. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

Will you be in the truck or van?

10. Mike Leary

Both........

DSCN0065.jpg