help in tn area

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by midtnstone, Jan 8, 2005.

1. midtnstone

midtnstone LawnSite Member
    from mid tn

I am trying to locate 16 cumlous serviceberry (amelanchier laevis) in the tennessee or north alabama area. i am trying to complete a bid and have not had any luck finding any. any info would be great.

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

Hey ive got a 2004-2005 TN nursery buyers guide it lists a BUNCH of plants and then who offers them. It does not mention availability so you will have to call and check on that but im more than happy to let you know who is in here. for amelanchier laevis the following nurseries are listed:

Palmer Nursery, McMinnville, 931-668-9145 they have listed as having them in the following mediums , liner,bareroot,seedling and BB (ball&burlap) and container

Pleasant Grove Nursery, Rock Island, 800-362-2215 listed as container only

Triangle Nursery Inc, McMinnville, 931-668-8022 listed as container only

There are not any prices listed here nore availability as mentioned above. I got the book i have from the TN nursery and landscape associate. You might want to check them out and call and get a copy of it. It has alot of odd plants in it such as this one and tells who in TN grows them. Its a good resource for things and times like these. Hope this helped ya out. Let me know idf you need nething else.

3. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

I'm in the Murfreesboro TN. area and I know alot of people in the McMinnville and Smithville nurseries. I'll send you a PM and give you some people to contact.

4. midtnstone

from mid tn

sorry it took so long to post this but want to say thanks to i plant art and mowmoney for your help you both helped me out alot form both of your sources i have located what i needed at a great price.
    :cool2: :cool2:

5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

You might also try to find Heather Farms...

I know they are in TN, but not sure where. And I don't have any more info than that right now.:)

I'll see if they are at the trade show on Thursday/Friday, and I'll get info for you if they are.

Dan

6. Mowmoney00

Hey midtnstone....No problem, any time I can help just call me or PM me. By the way who did you get them from and at what price? If you don't mind me asking. I'm always looking for good prices :rolleyes:

7. midtnstone

from mid tn

after talking with everybody Palmer nursery that i plant art gave was the cheapest for $35.00 for a single or clump 6-8 ft which IMO is pretty darn cheap.

thanks again

hey also i was wondering if either one of you are going to the class on Jan.18,19, and 20 in SLE in Antioch
    the first half is about irrigation and landscape lighting and the second half is about turf maint. and equipment maint. lunch is provided plus drawings for giveaways. supposed to also have cpa and insurance agents on hand to answer questions. best part of the whole deal is that it is free. also you can sign up for pond installation classes on one of these dates.
    i guess i am going on the 19th.

8. Mowmoney00

Man I'm sure glad you got a good deal and you DID get a good deal. I wrote their numbers down too. :D

Well midtnstone I wasn't going but I believe I'll go now. Those turds up there didn't tell me about that class...i'm gonna have to chew there rear ends out when I call them tomarrow. I'll be there!

Is it the same class everyday or different classes on each day?

Hey i plant art .. you should come up for that since you've got family up here.

9. midtnstone

from mid tn

from what i understand it is the same class everyday irr,lighting in the morning lunch then maint in the afternoon. you have to call to reserve a spot i think. their number is 615-641-7720 i called today and they told me my class would be the 19th from like 8:30-5:00