HELP! Insurance questions!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tyler7692, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi! I am completely new to this business and I am in search of a dependable insurance company. Do any of you guys have a national company that would be good for a starter? I am looking for as cheap of rate as I can get, yet adequate coverage. I have no employees, just myself. Please let me know what insurance you use and if you think it would be right for me. Thanks.
  2. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Farm Bureau. I have a 1 million policy for about $300 per year.
  3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Look into Erie Insurance as well.
  4. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Took the post right off my keyboard!
  5. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

ALSO....national grange
  6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

ERIE likes small businesses....have had them for many years.

You might want to just talk to an Independent Ins Agent as they represent many companies and will know which ones are less costly but give you the minimum amount of coverage you should have. Let your agent do the shopping....thats why they earn a commision.
  7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Can ERIE beat that Farm Bureau price?? 300 a year for a 1 million dollar policy?
  8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I have a contractors "package" policy which also covers all of my equipment against loss/theft. It also covers an enclosed trailer. I assume you know that you should cover all of your equip...normally its a specific list where each item is listed and the cost new of those items. I think my total cost per year for the 1.5 million liability and all of the equipment is around a $1,000.
    Your 300.oo quote is a good price and I doubt you'll get it cheaper elsewhere.