Help !!!! JD757 or Kubota ZD21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass addict, Apr 3, 2005.

1. grass addict

grass addict LawnSite Member

I have got to buy a zero turn tomorow and I can't decide between a john deere 757 or a kubota zd 21. I have been looking for several weeks and can't decide. I have been mowing for several years and have had most mowers on the market at one time or another and have narrowed it down to theese two.Please Fellow grass cutters HELP!!!
  2. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

i use and love the kubota's diesel sips only a tank a day and they work 9-10 hours per day Ilike the deck on both machines but kubota has never let me down 800 hrs last year on each zd no breakdowns thats hard to beat
  3. Johnson's Lawn & Snow

Johnson's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

neither mowers, hustler or exmark, prefer exmark my self thats what i run but hustler is good to.
  4. grass addict

I have never tried hustler but have had a couple of exmarks and they are ok but the dealers are not that great in my area. I have a exmark walkbehind now and it does cut nice but i'm going to stay away from there ztr because of the dealer.
  5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 757 and would HIGHLY recommend it. It cuts beautifully and is built really well. Plus, green is alot easier on the eyes than bright orange! :cool:
  6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Guy's cmon I'm gettin tired of this. He asked what one is a better machine or which he should buy. "Neither Hustler or eXmark" He didn't ask whether exmark or hustler he asked which one Kubota Or John Deere.
    Go with dealer support but remember on Deere you're kind of paying for the name. Not trying to say they are badmachines though.
  7. grass addict

Thank you for your input I have had a jd797 and it did great. the only thing I see with the zd21 that might be a problem is it dosen not have a foot lift for the deck which would not be a big deal if i wasen't used to it, but i can get used to not having it pretty quick and the zd has a suspension seat and it has pivoting front wheels that would be pretty cool.
  8. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Well I am gonna have to say Deere The 757 is a great machine, But comparing a ZD21 to a 757 is like apples to oranges. Bigger frame diesel motor... Now compare a ZD21 to a 997 and then we are talking. I would say that it really depends on the application. Are you cutting mostly resi or commercial? Either machine should suit you well, but the one thing that you have to consider is dealer support.

9. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

hydraulic deck lift works very well on zd's
  10. grass addict

I do mostly res. with a few commercial. I cut a couple of churches that have some large lots and i have 15 acres i will cut with it.