Help, Kohler cv25 problem!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MOOSE, Jun 18, 2004.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I have a cv25 on my dixie chopper and it runs great cold but when warm it spits and sputters and shuts down. I have searched the site and found a couple things to look at. The coils or the fuel solenoid on the carb. I checked flow from the tank and the pump, both good. Someone did say to check the strainers in the tank but don't think thats it. All help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts. thanks

2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i have seen in the past even brand new kohlers blowout the intake gaskets sometimes the intake manifold is not tight and when the engine heats up it will star to stumble and fall on its butt take it to your dealer or do it your self the results could be bad it will run lean and warp the jugs

3. Mikes Machines

Mikes Machines LawnSite Member

Kohlers have had some coil problems. I have a CH25 in my Steiner. The one in my avatar. I had coils put in under warranty at around 800 hours. Then one cylinder started dropping out intermittently about a month ago, 1950 hours. I replaced both of them just to be done with it. ;)

4. rockytopp

rockytopp LawnSite Member

You did not say how old the plugs are, I have had them do that to engines that come to me. New plugs is one of the best quick tries , and one of the most often over looked.