help lesco...

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by mexiking, Feb 5, 2007.

1. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hi I'm going to be doing turf fertilizing this year for my clients. It is my first year and I want to use lesco products, is there a guideline on what to put down and around when , with a basic price of the products? This way I can give correct prices for what i'll be putting down.
  2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Shoot me your email address - - and I will email you a copy of the lawn care application guides that we offer. They contain much of the information that you are asking about.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I think you are doing the right thing by using LESCO products -- we've relied on LESCO for many years -- always with great results. Try to buy in bulk as much as you can. Then charge 4 to 5 times your product cost per application? Depends on the size of the lawn -- sometimes charge much more on smaller lawns due to labor, paperwork, and gasoline. LESCO RULES!

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, I have tried many different fertilizers over the years and Lesco fert is always superior, to many companies are just having ag ferts bag as tier label and the particle size is always bigger and harder to spread.
    It's worth going with a better particle size and a fert with PPSCU like lesco offers. I have also noticed when tyed to chemicals it doesn't seem as moist in the spreader as some other brands.
  5. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Now that deere has bought them out. (got my letter today) What will we expect?same service? same location? we all know when it is john deere geen an yellow paint it is high !!!! They like them colors......................*trucewhiteflag*
  6. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

Bob I was also wondering if I could get a copy of the application guide. you can Email me at

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing will change with this merger, the john deere landscapes and lesco service centers will all have the deere landscapes logo or banner but the original lesco stores will continue to sell the same stuff they have now and the deere stores will continue with thier niche and they will work together to make sure everyone is satisfied and properly taken care of. This will be an excellent joint adventure that will benefit all.