help--mailing labels

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mike M, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

This was a lot easier 15 years ago, but now that things are "so much better" I can't fighure out how to print labels using the fields and data I created.

Here's what I have: data/fields using Works cheap databease program.

Here's what I am trying to do: print that info (several names, adresses) on labels.

I was trying to do this with mail merge in Word. I've been frigging around all over the place, and thought I was close, but no, I'm not close.

Does anyone know how to do this?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

You have to open your database that your going to use. Then you have to go back to the task launcher (keeping the database open) and open a blank wordprossesor. Then in the wordproccesor click on the tools tab on top, go down and click on labels. It will give you options and just choose the label you want, then set up the label.

I have a blank invoice I run off and when I do my bills the page is actually set up as a label. I just change the month and each customers information goes on the invoice and I use a double window envelope. It works real good for me.
  4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Thanks, both of you!

After messing with it I found I had to close the database first, and I figured out how to use the painstaking mail merge "help" bar on the right for assistance. Some bugs, but I was able to do this after several attempts. I hope I can remember how I did it the next time I run labels. LOL.