HELP...Major billing issues

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mdworske, Aug 3, 2005.

1. mdworske

mdworske LawnSite Member

I am having some serious billing problems. The majority of our work right now is landscaping, but we have kept a small segment for lawn maitenance because many of those customers give us year round work. I used to have QXpress, but when I had to upgrade my quickbooks to keep doing payroll, I would have had to upgrade my QXpress which would have cost me alot of money for 50 customers.

The problem is with quickbooks, I am getting complaints. I like to bill every 2 weeks. If I do invoices, people never know what their current balance is. If I do statements, it is too confusing for people for some reason.

We do have a cardboard door hanger that we leave to let people know we were there, but the billing is done in the office because the charge may differ depending on weeding, spraying, etc. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars and complications for 50 lawn customers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Michelle

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If all you're looking for is a straight forward billing program then I suggest FF Billing Manager Pro from www.mrtech.com. It has the current/ 30 days/ 60 etc at the bottom of the invoice. The fields are editable so you can make the dates anything you like. It also has a ton of other features that make billing as painless as possible. I have been using it since 1998.

3. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I have QB and I think you can make statements that only show transactions since the last un paid bill.

eg.

July 1 INV 100
    July 15 INV 150

July 30 PMT 250

AUG 1 INV 100

You can select it sow that it would only show the AUG 1 or it will show all transaction on the account

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

enter work as individual statement charges

looks just like the invoice when it prints out, but says statement and shows a balance at the bottom

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi mdworske,

Please consider downloading and trying out our software. We also now have the Gopher Palm version up and running.

Thanks BSDeality for thinking of us.

<tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>