1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Make A Descision

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by First_Year_Landscaper, Apr 19, 2011.

1. First_Year_Landscaper

First_Year_Landscaper LawnSite Member

I have been doing small landscaping projects while mowing half a dozen places around my parents house for the last 3 years. I also move snow at these same places in the winter. I am really looking to upgrade equipment and expand this summer becasue I will have my license (I am just about to turn 16):)

I would like to spend as close to $2500 as I can for a used ztr or just a garden tractor.

What should I get and why? I may go up a little on budget as I have a little extra cash.

Any help would be great!
  2. fivestarlandscapes

fivestarlandscapes LawnSite Member

I would keep the $2500 and get a job with another company or run a push mower untill you have like 10 good accounts. Enjoy being young and have fun.
  3. First_Year_Landscaper

I know, but there is only one other company in town and I really dont care for the owner. I live in a town with only about 2000 people so compititon isnt really a problem. The properties that I mowed the last 3 years are range from .5 acre up to almost 2 acres.
    I have had people talk to me, there was about 8 people stop last year. All of them have yards over a third of an acre.
  4. First_Year_Landscaper

Was just going through records the biggest proptery in all is about 3 acres combine