1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help me bid this job!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by powernoje, Jan 4, 2009.

1. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

HI, I am new to the business and am bidding a job for this spring to tear out this bush. I don't have much experience with this so I need to know how much I should charge and how you would get it out. I have a bobcat 853 that I could use but I just want to know how you guys would do it. It is the bush in the center of the picture not the evergreens.

[​IMG]

2. SuperDuty335

SuperDuty335 LawnSite Member

Unload 853
    Wrap chain around bush
    Lift up
    Load bush onto trailer
    Fill hole with dirt that you brought with you
    Load 853
    Leave
    Send invoice for $200

IMO

3. powernoje

4. tree_hugger

tree_hugger LawnSite Senior Member

SuperDuty335 hit the nail on the head and it also depends how far you have to go to get to the jobsite. A job 10 mins from the shop is going to be cheaper than a job thats 45 min to an hour away. Plus i charge a load up fee or a min charge to even load my trailer up.

5. powernoje

What do you charge for your minimum/load up fee?

6. tree_hugger

tree_hugger LawnSite Senior Member

125.00 then its 50/hr with a minimun of one hour. When diesel was 4.25 a gal i could get away with this price but now that is 2.20 a gal here i would do 30/hour

7. powernoje

Thanks......

8. Matlock Lawncare

Matlock Lawncare LawnSite Member

Dont know if you got my other message but I was curious if you had any pics of the 3 pt. bracket you made for your 610 bobcat. Thanks Tim

9. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Forget the machine. Truck, chain, yank, $200 please. 5 minutes.

10. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

You chainsaw downl yank out, literally no more than 12 minutes. 200 is to much if it was an existing customer of mine I might charge 50 bucks. I would be thoroughly disappointed to see a Bobcat on the job sheesh! If I had to go and solely do the job then 125 would cover me.