Help me! Bunton 60" mower any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Jul 27, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

1998 Bunton 27HP Kohler, 60" Elect. Deck lift, 1997 Trac Vac. All in very new condition. 860 Hrs. Looks sa-weet! runs like new. Used as a backup. SINGLE owner/user. $9200 new + $500 trac vac. selling for $4600 but will take $4000 for all. Is it worth $4000? (he'll throw in a redmax string trimer, 3 sets of blades, extra tires/rims, spark plugs, air filters, hoses, belts.) I need to know right away, any advice will help!:help:

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Textron owns the Bunton, Bobcat, Jacobson, Steiner and a few other brands. You can check their website for more info. Sounds like a good deal though. I can't vouch for the quality never having used one.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Bunton always has made a vary sturdy product for that price I think you can not go wrong IMHO

5. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

Sounds like a great deal, I would go for it. I have a new Bunton 60" ztr and love it.

6. Bunton is a very good mower.But with that many hours and 5 years old .Way too much I wouldnt pay anymore than $2900. for it.If he were to trade it in he would even get less for it

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Kohler didn't have a 27hp engine in 1998. It's most likely a very problematic 25 Kohler, as that is in the range of years that they had head gasket, coil problems.

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

Youre right, they didnt TLS. He said he replaced it becasue of such problems, so thus the 27

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

So is that 800 some hours on the NEW engine, or the entire unit?

Thats an OLD mower for $4K

Technology has changed a LOT since that time. Even an '03 Bunton has probably changed significantly since then.

I think you should look for a newer machine myself.

10. The Lawn Boy Pro

Think he said 300 on the new engine, but 860 on whole machine