Help me choose a handheld blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by frogman18, May 12, 2008.

1. frogman18

frogman18 LawnSite Member

I need a handheld blower for small clean up jobs. Ive been looking at the Stihl BG55, Echo PB251, and the Husqvarna 125B. Any thoughts?
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

get the bg 85 -its a powerhouse
  3. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

BG-85 :weightlifter::weightlifter::usflag:
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The Stihl bg-55, IF you order the 65's flat tipped nozzle (extra $15 I think) is almost as powerful as the bg-85... I know, I have both, there's really not enough of a difference I can hardly feel, had I known this before I bought the 85 I would've got another 55 (with a flat nozzle).

That's just my take on it, the 85 does have a nicer cruise control but that's about it.
    You do as you like, but I'm really not that impressed with the bg-85, it's all right I guess.
    Bang for the buck, the bg-55 delivers.

(and one more time if you get the 55 BUY the 65's flat nozzled tube end, the round end tubes sux).
  6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

BG 85 then go and try the Redmax. You will get the Redmax trust me.:weightlifter:
  7. frogman18

frogman18 LawnSite Member

I dont know about the BG85 seems alittle big for what i need and the price is quite a bit more than i what to spend.
  8. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Last weekend I went to my dealer to buy a handheld blower and decided on the Stihl BG-55. Well the BG 55, 65,and 85 all come in the same box and my dealer gave me a BG-85 for the price of a BG-55 by accident:weightlifter:
  9. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

I own a stihl bg 85 its great but im a redmax fan and thiers is awsome as well and a little cheaper i think
  10. xxl

xxl LawnSite Member
    from MO

Echo Echo PB251 is a great blower once it is warmed up after a minute and a great warrenty