1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help me choose a rental skid steer!

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by leathelbuzzkill, Sep 30, 2007.

1. leathelbuzzkill

leathelbuzzkill LawnSite Member

yup just will have to deal with it.:cry: :laugh: i hope spring-summer comes quick
    if i do a good job on our yard maybe i will get jobs from our family and then maybe neighbors:dancing:
  2. MacBain lanscapes

MacBain lanscapes LawnSite Member

hey i do the same kind of stuff as you im 15 as well if i were you i would stay away from the 463 its a good little skid steer but it will tear up your yard and is prone to flipping i myself have gone on two wheels but a tree caught my fall. i have also rented the t190 very good it will still do a little harm to your yard but it isnt to big but isnt to small. oh and it is super strong, and has a really high reach if your gonna be loading a dump truck like we did.
  3. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

Our company owns two 463's, these little machines do nowhere near the damage that a T190 will do to your lawn while turning. The T190 will load a truck very well, we do this about three days a week, but it will also do lots of damage in a hurry if you are inexperienced with a machine of its size. Get your feet wet with a 463 and you will pick up the basics quickly.
  4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

this was from last year...pretty sure he already rented what he had to
  5. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

I only looked at the last page:hammerhead:. Shoulda checked the date of the post..............Im' not the quickest bunny in the forest sometimes:sleeping:
  6. leathelbuzzkill

leathelbuzzkill LawnSite Member

man everybody thanks for the help its been a long time but high school, and life took over. Sadly i never did next the machine. Now I'm trying to start a small lawn care business and i remembered about this site!
  7. CPEC_Andy

CPEC_Andy Inactive

I love your passion, but doubt sunbelt will rent a 15 y/o a skid steer.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  8. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

Back to the renting part... Sunbelt may work with you, but as mentioned above they don't normally do larger equipment without an account. They may require a 1million dollar insurance policy. I've heard Sunbelt doing that with skid steers/mini excavators rentals.

And to be redundant again, call your Utilities Locate ... and I don't care if your in the city, suburb, or out in the country. I've worked in enough yards and fields where wires were laid, or gas lines, etc...