Help Me Choose A Velke/sulky For My Walkbehind...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MountaineerMowingService, Apr 10, 2007.

1. MountaineerMowingService

MountaineerMowingService LawnSite Member

I have a proslide on another one of my machines and for the most part...i like it....I need a wheeled sulky/velke so i can ride on driveways and pavements. My intentions were to buy a slightly USED VELKE X2. However after using it for a while IT IS WAY TOO BUMPY! I mean it is flat out of the question unless i can figure out how to eliminate the bumps. It's in great shape so i know the unit is not broken.

What i need is this: I have to have an apparatus that chains of folds up so it can fit on my trailer. I dont want the 1 wheel velke cause i hate my feet so close together and the wheel mark left in the grass....ANY IDEAS GUYS? Thanks!

It's for a brand new exmark 48 19 hp tthp

2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

You should just bought some Jungle Wheels and they hang off the handle bars with a chain. Hope this helps.

3. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Just give me a minute and I'll have a picture posted.

4. MountaineerMowingService

im interested in ANYTHING thats comfortable and folds up....and I HAVE NOT BOUGHT the X2....just demoed...

5. springover

springover LawnSite Member

they will all be bumpy if the terrain is rough...use your knees as suspension.

6. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

Please give us a try. We want to earn your business.

JW1 The Jungle Wheels Stand $220.00
    The Jungle Wheels Stand-on-sulky from Jungle Jim's gives you a competitive advantage because you can mow faster, easier, and leave lawns looking better with no unwanted tracks. Jungle wheels are fully adjustable, you can make them closer or further from the mower for optimum operator comfort. Jungle Jim's also realizes that sulkies without wheels can cut into the turf and cause imbalance, which produces an uneven cut. The revolutionary third pivot point and rear-weighted design of the Jungle Wheels are on file with the U.S. Patent Office (#5,413,364) - so you can bet you won't get these innovations and quality in any similar product.
    http://www.mowpart.com/the-jungle-wheels-stand-p-347236.html

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Get the Jungle Wheels.... click below.

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

the problem with the jungle wheels is that you cant back up unless you are on it because the wheels get hung up on the bar. the best one out there is Wrights Velky but just make sure you grease it everyday.

9. MountaineerMowingService

I may be wrong but it looks like the jungle jim unit is designed and functions similar exactly like the velke x2. Both pivot at 3 points.

10. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

heres the problem with the jungle wheels i am talking about

jungle wheels.jpg