Help me choose my postcard !

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawnchoice, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Why do most customer hire a lawn care company? I can't say about you but my customers hire me because they don't want to do it themselves for the most part. It is a necessary evil in their eyes. I provide low prices, reliable service, and acceptable quality. You won't find my crew in front of a million dollar mansion - that is not my target customer.

By your postcards, you seem to be targeting those who want the best and are willing to pay for it. If that is true, then make it even better and have every inch of that card show professionalism and nothing-but-the-best service. You may even want to give a personal note to specific potential customers indicating the ways that you could improve their specific property.

If you are targeting the middle class who doesn't want to do it themselves but still wants acceptable quality, then emphasize that. Tell them that you do good work and that your prices are low (or reasonable) and that you will provide reliable service.

Hope this helps.

3. Lawnchoice

Thanks for the input.

As you assumed, I am really targeting the customer who wants the best service and doesn't care about the price. All of my customers now respect my business philosphy and I want to grow that, therefore more postcards are being sent to areas where I believe they would be a good fit for me.

I have never sold on price alone and will never lower it to match someone. Might sound cocky, but it's the way things work for me.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i think it showes the type of client you want, and you are using a target audience, much better marketing stategy then random mass mailing, looks like they did a great job, and there prices are resonable.... id say A+ and will have to contact them next year for some printing...

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i like both, but for different reasons.
    elkootcho's seems to hit the market you want, whereas graffisimo's has a very nice, eye-catching visual pop.

clear as mud decision...

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Lawnchoice,

I like this one so far the best.

[​IMG]

7. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

This is my favorite too!

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

What are you wanting to get out of these postcards? Are you just looking for new bussiness? Are you wanting to add to your mowing client base? The reason I ask is because last year I was wanting to get more mowing accounts, but my card was designed pretty much like yours.....pretty and list of services. This is what calls I received....for an array of my services listed. With my flyer this year I designed it around what services I really wanted to target. I think I would do away with the "place stamp here". Even though when you mail these a stamp will cover that, but you might want to pass some of these out and it kind of looks corny with that in the corner.

9. Lawnchoice

Thanks for scoop Walker --

I really want to add some " high quality " customers therefore, no coupons, discounts or any of that stuff that you always see out there.

I am going to give them a shot. I think they will work alriight in the areas that I will be sending them to.

That stamp has to go too !