Help Me Decide- Exmark Or Snapper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnLizzard, Jan 22, 2006.

1. LawnLizzard

LawnLizzard LawnSite Member

Can someone help me decide between an Exmark 36, Hydro floating deck Turf Tracker HP --------and a Snapper 36 Hydro, floating deck.........Please comment on the mulching ability of each...........can anyone help........I will be using the mower myself and taking care of it..........Dan

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

For me, I would go with Exmark. They are a trusted name, where Snapper is not as proven. I would demo both, however, and make your decision based on that. As far as mulching capabilities, I've always read positive comments about Exmark's mulching capabilities, as where I can't recall any remarks on Snapper, but again, Snapper is not a household name like Exmark, Scag, Hustler, etc.

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a no brainer EXMARK

4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

If these are your only 2 choices then I would go with ExMark hands down.

5. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What's the price difference? Demo each one and see which you like better.

6. BENTLEY'S

BENTLEY'S LawnSite Member

If are in for the long haul get the Exmark.

Bentley's

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

E-X-M-A-R-K, what does that spell??? EXMARK!!! No question. lol

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We run two of the Snapper 36" hydro units with the deck that you can change height with crank. In general we like the machine, but I would prefer a true floating deck with hairpins to change height. And I am not wild about the hydro controls they are a little unsafe in how they latch. I prefer the Scag hydro hands down, don't know anything about exmark. As far as mulching we do 100% mulching year round and it does a fine job on our grasses.

9. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

I looked at snapper last year and i know the salesman he cut in my area and like they said earlier he dont care for the floater had some troble with the adjustment said he had already broke one . Thats just what he said.:nono:

10. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I will never own another crapper