1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help me decide on a New Mower Guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Whitaker24, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Whitaker24

Whitaker24 LawnSite Member

As u may know I have 2 yards I cut my own which is 2 acres with not many trees about 5 small ones and land is mostly flat. Took me 2 hrs just to cut the yard with my 48" craftsman lawn tractor.

The 2nd yard is a daycare business of my mother in laws about 1.5 acres that is 2 seperate yards. One yard only thing i have to cut around is the metal gym building, the daycare itself is not that bad either, but the play ground yard has one section that I can t get anything larger than a 48" mower in that part of the fence, but likely could use a push mower for that part cause its only about 30'x15' with a sand box, porch and a covered area for teachers so the area to actually cut is only say 15'x5' take me about 2 hours to cut the yard and do the weed eating.

Id like something quicker maybe an hour range but i dont want to spend 4500 on a new mower what options do i have thanks.
  2. kinnco

kinnco LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

3. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

he said he doesn't want to spend that kind of G's........... Reading is a skill.......
  4. kinnco

kinnco LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

just throwing an option out there.
    Danielslawnservice is a perfect example of why I have never posted in 14 months.

being a smart a$$ comes natural ....
  5. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

He also said that he needs 48". Also, if you can't handle being insulted once-in-a-while, maybe you should lock yourself up in a room with no communication to the outside world.
  6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

48" exmark metro walkbehind $2800 and will get both done around an hour each.