help me decide on spreader/sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Jun 27, 2007.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I am looking to buy a spreader/sprayer. looks like the permagreen and zspray are the two best choices. It also seems that the big choice is to go with a boom or no boom. I hear you guys talking about more bad things from the permagreen. I was just curious what you would do if you were buying your first machine, taking into account all the knowledge you have gathered. thanks guys.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

If you are looking for a unit that spreads & sprays on "easy lawns" between 10K & 30K, Permagreen units work...but keep in mind their spray pattern. Test drive one while spraying on concrete, and you will see. Buy a machine that offers "complete coverage" of weeds. They all spread, but check into the "coverage of weeds" before you spend money. We like PG units, but "coverage of weeds" is not 100% for sure. Not familiar with others, except for our LESCO Z-two sprayer-spreader (which works great).

3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I am on my 2nd z spray. Intermediate frame with 120lb hopper (better visiblity out front) The boom is a major plus for me. I can spray an acre in no time flat. The 50 foot hose reel is a nice addition as well.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I have a PG and love it. Has 180 hours on it and no problems so far! If I was buying a new machine today I would go and get another PG. If I had a extra money I would maybe splurge and get a Z, but bang for your buck PG is the best deal.
    I am sure you won't go wrong with either machine.