Help me decide which Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by hardhide, Aug 15, 2006.

1. hardhide

hardhide LawnSite Member
    from LA

First off, great forum. I've been lurking here about two weeks trying to learn everything I could about Hustler products.

I have two acres of flat lawn to cut. My son, who has been handling the cutting duties with a Murray lawn tractor is off to school and now that this chore is mine again, I've decided to get a zero-radius mower. Through several personal recommendations and my internet research, I've pretty much decided on a Fastrak. I've been quoted $4999 for a 18/44 Honda and $4899 for 20/52 Kohler. I don't have any tight areas that I couldn't cut with the 52" deck. Is the Honda engine that much better that I should go with the smaller deck?

Any assistance is welcomed. I hope to make my purchase this Saturday.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

You should be able to get a better deal than that. I purchased a 20/52 honda in june for $4999. Was the best purchase I have ever made.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You should be able to get the 20/52 Honda model for $4,999.00 now, double check pricing with your dealer.
    For your mowing application, this is a great choice.

4. msc5195

msc5195 LawnSite Member

I too was looking at a FASTRAK but I decided to spend the extra 200.00 for the more commercial qaulity of a MINI Z. I just purchased the 19hp 42" MINI Z which in more commercial grade for 4599.00. This price included the 700 rebate.

ROBERT

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Mini Z 36 / 42 is a good choice also for not to much more.

Pj

6. hardhide

hardhide LawnSite Member
    from LA

Thanks for the input. I originally steered away from the mini-z because of the warranty difference, but I may reconsider.

I appreciate the feedback. I'll be visiting the local dealer Saturday and armed with this info, I should be able to reach a better deal.

Mike

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool.
    Let us know how you make out.

Pj

8. hardhide

hardhide LawnSite Member
    from LA

I purchased the 20/52 Fastrak this weekend from Shane at Gautreax's Lawn and Garden. Excellent experience! I called Shane after visiting my local dealer who is less than 3 miles away. Shane stayed open an extra hour to allow me time to get there (about 35 miles) and had the unit serviced, setup and ready to go when I got there. My local dealer wanted $5499 for the same unit and not only refused to meet Shane's price but basically called me a liar. Needles to say, I've visited that dealer for the last time. Shane will have all my business.

The first time out this unit was amazing. It used to take me three hours+ to cut my yard with a Murray lawn tractor. With the Fastrak, it took a little over 1 hour.

I'm impressed with this machine. Thanks to everyone for the input!

Mike

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Awesome !!!
    Welcome to the Hustler family !!!

10. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, for the compliments and I'm glad you're enjoying your FasTrak!!