help me decide

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by tangofox1971, Mar 16, 2008.

1. tangofox1971

tangofox1971 LawnSite Member

I am getting started in the business. i am looking at either a 36" wright stander used with 121 hrs 17 hp kaw. or a new 52" great dane stander with a 23hp kaw. the asking price for the wright is 4500 and the great dane is 5500. it will be used for my main and only mower for residental lawns. help and advice from the pros please.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Do the properties you plan on taking care of have gates the restrict access to the backyards?

3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Dont know your area but 90% of homes around here dont have gates etc... If i cant fit it in there we dont do the client. I wouldt buy a mower just so you can cater to those few clients. I would go with the 52" its a all around great size i have the same mower and we have 1500 some hrs on it and its holding up fine.

4. tangofox1971

most folks around here who have gates have wide gates to fit four wheels and small boats in. but both mowers are of the same quality with no know problems? thanks for the quick responses.

5. tangofox1971

one more thing i forgot to add is that i plan on getting a smaller stand on next year when i have more funds available. just thinking 5500 for a new 52" great dane is a great deal.

6. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

it is i think they are trying to boost sales in that part of the market since they have to compete with stander. I met dane scag before he was going to buy my buddies house i guess if you havent seen a pic or know what he looks like it wouldnt be what you would expect.

7. clcare2

clcare2 LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Keep looking you can find a used 52" stander for a decent price.

8. tangofox1971

i would but time isnt on my side. getting a late start due to losing my job late february.