Help me find a mower!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by patbobcat22, Apr 27, 2007.

1. patbobcat22

patbobcat22 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to buy a 32" commercial mower, does anyone know any prices or brand names that I should be looking for?

2. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

I have a suetech stealth 33" and its a so-so machine. Better than a push mower yet a more commercial mower may be a better choice if you can afford it. If money is an issue buy a Suetech stealth 33" used from a homeowner, since the resale value is low. Check on e-bay I might of seen one recently for sale here in NJ. I have also seen good things about a MTD commercial 32", but never seen one in NJ.

3. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

Gravely's 32" belt-driven W/B retails for around $2000, is built like a tank, and is very reliable. I wouldn't put a sulky on it, though, if that is what you are looking for.

You might want to add some more information on what this mower will be used for, how much power you want, what type of drive system you want, and how much you want to spend.

4. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'd check out Ebay.....click mowers then walkbehinds

5. irishsoul

irishsoul LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I'd look at the Quick 36. Granted it isn't a 32" but it is the best purchase that I've made in a long time. Quite honestly, I like my machine more and more every time I use it! As far as support and parts the folks at BOP are second to none! As far as value and customer service I haven't spent a smarter $2500.00. Just my 2 cents.

6. MOWEMJEFF

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

Irish you stand by the quick 36...how long have you had it???is it good on hills...is it easy to steer with the single hydro???help me out I dont know what to do

7. irishsoul

from georgia

Yeah, I definitely endorse the Q-36! I've had mine for a month and I will tell you honestly that I am more and more pleased every time I use it. Hills are a pain at first but as you get to know the machine they get much easier. There's no question that a dual will handle the slopes better but we're talking a 1.5 to 2k difference in price. For the money the Super Duty or Samurai simply can't be beat. If you contact Better Outdoors I believe they will try to locate a customer who is near to you and try to arrange for you to visit and check out the unit. I promise you that this is money very well spent!!

8. MOWEMJEFF

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

IRISH thats the most honest response I've heard yet, I actually believe you. I don't have any serious hills and they can be trimmed if necessary. My first 3 months of working for a landscaping company before going solo were 50 hour weeks never even touching a walker just strictly trimming so 5 minutes on a trimmer doesn't bother me just charge them $5 more:)

9. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I could not agree more . THE Quick and BOP are a great value and company to work with . Good luck.

10. irishsoul

from georgia

I'm glad if I helped --- best of luck!