1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help me identify this 'cypress'

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rebaths, Apr 25, 2008.

1. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

I saw a tree in a yard which looks like a leyland cypress yet it's more silvery/blue.

I did a search online and the closest thing I came upon was an 'Arizona Cypress'

The cones/fruit look the same, the closeup of the branch looks the same (although the picture makes it look greener than the tree I saw). The only difference is the bark. The picture has peeling bark, but the tree I saw had bark much like a Pine Tree (nugget-like)

Anyone know what the name of the tree is? These pictures are from the internet and are of an Arizona Cypress--I do not have a picture of the actual tree I am attempting to identify. I will try to drive by and get a picture.

2. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Could be a Nootka Cypress
  3. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

Ok I stopped by the home and asked the homeowners. They did not know the name, but were kind enough to let me take some pictures. These pictures are of the actual tree I'd like to get.

4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

looks like a juniper "wichita blue"