Help me justify this.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by DirtMerchant, Feb 12, 2011.

1. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

2. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

That would be great for hardscaping, irrigation lines, and installing those pads for inflatable pools:laugh:

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What 300??? Aren't you also working for some one else yet now wanting to buy an excavator too big for anything but a gravel quarry? Yet you also claimed that you have a truck and trailer that you hauled a TLB up to Whistler and you worked for a rail road company all the while you are still in your tender age of twenties?

4. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you actually have yourself finished paying for a 30 tonne machine ( or is it a bobcat 300 skid loader) then you shouldn't have much trouble getting money for it.

23000 hours seems like a lot, but I do realize mining equipment does run 16-24 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week so it doesn't take long to add up. It looks in good shape from that photo. Go for it!

Got any pics of your "300"???

Warren

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You might need a CDL to transport that.:waving:

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

If it was a tad smaller, say 40 ton, it work real nice doing commercial deep basements here. It would load a tri-axle faster than a 963, that's for sure. I think that is the same one that Deffenbaugh(Shawnee Rock) has been trying to sell for a while now. If it is, they take good care of their gear. The equipment manager is a bit of an obsessive compulsive, so everything always nice or it gets fixed. He had a EX1800 as his PERSONAL ride at the quarry! 4000 hours in 10 years. I want his job when i grow up.:laugh:

7. Heavyduty1

Heavyduty1 LawnSite Member

If you move it on Sundays, you might be OK.:weightlifter:

8. DirtMerchant

Ex330 Hitachi the one in my photo thread, worked out a deal with my boss.. Just turned 16,008 hours young, and it's still running decent. It's had lots and lots and lots of work done. It's slow but great for screening top soil, and bailing which is maybe what it's going to do? I have access to a truck and trailer, don't own one? And Yes I worked for CP Rail right out of highschool. Alyth Yard Calgary... I'm 21 now. I worked for them until 2008, when the depression got worse, and all of us with no seniority got laid off. So naturally, I came back to operating. I'm trying to get ahead in life and make my way in life. Don't hate me, I'm making my own way, take losses...and try to work through them. Sorry you work for your family...

9. DirtMerchant

Realistically I have zero work for a ex-750. I might be able to scrape something up, but it's expensive to move, and a niche machine. Way cheaper to run then a loader. I've just always wanted one. I need to find something for my machine first.

10. DirtMerchant

Sorry for dreaming online