Help me name my lawncare business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by agent walker, Mar 23, 2011.

1. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

I worked for a lawncare company for 5 years and am now taking over the business and need a new name. Any ideas? I'm in Illinois and use walker mowers and do fertilizing and weed control as well. I've thought of cutting edge lawn care, sunrise lawncare, sunrise lawncare and straight line lawncare. But all except the last are already used in Illinois. I do residential and commercial and am trying to market the mid to upper class. I'm not interested in bouncing across a rough lot of crabgrass, so I'd like the name to reflect that, so people no i'm not a 20 dollar-any-size-yard guy.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

whats the name of the company currently?

3. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

Oak Hill Contractors. They still use that name in there excavation business. Plus I don't live on Oak Hill Rd

4. c3wlandscaping

c3wlandscaping LawnSite Member

name it something that means something to you. i feel if you do good work your name really doesnt matter. that is just my oppinion

c3w stands for me my two sons and our last name. even though they are only 5 and 6 they are part of my business.

chad

5. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want it to sound professional I would leave out "lawncare" and use something like land maintenance, property maintenance, or landscape maintenance. To me "lawn care" is kind of generic like the 20 dollar any yard kind of guy you don't want to be.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I too sahre your concern, in that I'm without a name since I dropped the incorporation... Perhaps something with the word "Estate" in it, would be helpful... :)

7. TXBullDawg

TXBullDawg LawnSite Member
    from TX

Since your name is "Agent" Walker, how about 007 Lawn Service :drinkup:

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

"License To Kill" ... :drinkup:

9. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Sesser Property Maintenance

Sesser Lawn Maintenance

10. superdog1

superdog1 LawnSite Member

Remember that in some states, countries etc. if you use a fictitious name like 007 Lawn Care, you may have to file something letting everyone know who the actual owners are. In PA, you have to file the name with the state and run an ad in the local paper announcing your new CO and who the owners are.