1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help me on first pondless job.

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by mrusk, Jul 8, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I have my first job with a water feature. basically the customer wants a 2x2 rock with water coming out of it and then disappering into river rock. I already have the boulder with the hole so that is not a proablem. I just need to know what type of pondless kit to buy or what material i need to buy to make my own kit. I figure this is a easy job for a first water feature.

Any help would be appreicated.

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I had a job last week similar to yours except instead of a rock it was a very fancy blue vase. I had nice stone work overlaying the edge of the pump housing that the vase sat on. Those kits are everywhere and easy to assemble. The water flows out of the vase on to the stone back into the holding tank. They are fun to landscape around. Good luck with your project!
  3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

After spending the last 10 minutes doing some reading, do you recommend using a liner or buying one of those vaults?

How many GPM pump do i need?
  4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

You will use a liner and a vault. I haven't made one myself yet, but a lot of people use a 14" drain pipe for the vault. For a boulder type bubler a 750gph is good. If you want a waterfall type flow I would go with a 1000gph pump. Look into putting a autofill valve so they don't have to fill it everyday.