Help me out here! Landscaping bid...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bladelawn, Mar 20, 2007.

1. bladelawn

bladelawn LawnSite Member

Hey guys. I got a call from a guy wanting me to install two boulder retaining walls, about 2 feet high and 8 feet long. I have never done rock walls before...what should I charge??? Thanks for the help.

2. McLandscaing

McLandscaing LawnSite Member

If you have never worked with natural stone before i would sub this one out to somebody that has experience with stone work. Charge for your time and learn on the job from your sub thats how it should be done IMO.

Shaun

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

yea. you should probably sub this one out to someone who knows what they are doing.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

try looking on here for someone in your area.

5. bladelawn

I have done it before, at my house. Its really not too difficult. I was just curious as to how much people charge for that...

6. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

Well if you're already a Pro.....You should have know problem figuring out you're cost?????

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking the same thing keen

8. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

"How much", "How long", "How do I", "Which Blower", "Which string trimmer", "Which lawnmower"..........Give me a break...... Figure it out for yourself as many of us on here had to do!!!!!!!!

9. bladelawn

Wow, harsh words, KeenKut. If no one is allowed to ask questions, then what is the point of a forum? It's really a simple question; no need to get all pissy about it. I realize the business is about figuring stuff out as you go along, but this forum is here so people can HELP each other out, not rip on people who don't appear to know everything, like you.

10. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Let's not start a big argument over a few questions please. If you do not want to assist him with his questions, then you do not need to. Seems to me that he just needed a little assistance with his wall and wanted some input from a few experienced landscapers.