help me out here...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey4671, Feb 23, 2008.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I used to mow this property up until 2002. It is a church. One of the members took it over. I ran into him today and he told me that he would no longer be mowing it because he has been diagnosed with chronic brochitis. He told me to give them a bid on it. Many of the members were upset when I lost the job several years ago. Granted, this WAS six years ago and at the time I didn't have my estimating skills up to par. The red line is the perimeter. The yellow line along the highway is a bank that has to be cut with a trimmer. The slope is too steep to even think about using a mower, there is loose gravel due to it being the shoulder of the highway. This is actually a ditch. The other isde of the ditch has several rock outcrops that just makes mowing it out of the question. Also notice the pond on the neighbors property. During periods of heavy rain this pond tends to spill over and a small area of the church property gets rather saturated. Also notice along that some property line, there is a fence. The space between this fence and the church building is 48 inches. I have a 60" ZTR and a 36" Hydro WB. Back in the day, this property took me apprx 45 minutes. I'm thinking $45 per mow. I also have another property about a 1/4 up the road so I am already in the area and this is only about two miles from home.

Cane Creek Bid.JPG

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

In my area I would be $60 amen

3. corey4671

this area is about as rural as it gets as well so take that into consideration. the closest LCO would have a minimum 15 mile drive to get here.

4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

so you should be good at 60

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

well thats all the more reason to charge more then, amen.

6. corey4671

good point...keep in mind though, the guy in charge of collecting these bids is the manager of the local farmers co-op and there are tons of kids with their daddy's lawn tractor that would do it for $25 in the area as well..

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

$60.00 sounds fair to me.

8. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

then let them do it for $25.00 or you can do it for free and get a donation slip from the church and use it for a deduct on your taxes ?

9. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I would bid it between 50 and 60 but need to see prop first hand.......

10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you get the satelite view. is it just me or is mapquest giving some of ya problems loading the info?