1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Me Pick A Logo!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Clear-Cut, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i got a couple of logos from sleeklogo.com and these are my favorites. im stuck idk which one to pick so please help me out!

well call them 1, 2, 3

so which one should i pick and why...keep in mind i have to use this for advertising, signs for truck and trailer, business cards...well u guys all know what a logo is used for...thanks

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Is that your current logo in your avatar? If it is, then I wouldn't change it.
    A logo is about brand recognition. You will never see McDonalds changing their logo.

However, if you don't currently have a logo, and out of the three pictured above, I would pick logo #2.
  3. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

2 is more central (not scattered) easy to spot & remember
  4. Clear-Cut

this is my 1st official year in business and the logo in the avatar is what i used at the beginning of the year...then i changed it (dont ask why..i guess i got bored of it)...now i want something that looks professional and is permanent

after i graduate college i really want to start expanding..right now i have 28 accounts and im a little low key. the only advertisment i have done is putting up cards in the local bank and in the senior citizen center so not many people would recognize the logo anyway, so im willing to take a risk now to prepare for the future
  5. Clear-Cut

here is what i think of the logos

i like it, it looks professional..but i think it is too tall and would make it difficult to put on advertisments and signs

i like it, it pops...cant really think of anything wrong with it. it looks professional. its nice and tight like someone said and everything is in one place, and i thnk the colors go well together. the yellow creats warmth like the sun and the deep green represents a beautiful healthy lawn

i really like the grass on top, but i think it is a little too plain. it doesnt pop much as much as the #2

i like them all a lot but i am partial to number 2, but this is a big decision, so i just want to see what the pros think...so far it looks like #2 is the best so far
  6. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Number 2 is by far the best. As you mentioned the other 2 are just a little too plain. Number two looks professional and the colors and unclutteredness (real word?) of it make it stick in your head well.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I like number 2 also.
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Wow, I must be the odd ball here. #2 was the one I didn't like!

1. Looks good, I like it. It is easy to read and the wording will be readable from more then a few feet away on your trailer or truck

2. Hard to distinguish the wording. White on yellow background does not "pop" out and will be hard to read from more then say 10 ft away on a tailgate.

3. I like this one also, maybe not as much as number 1 though. It is kinda plain. But it is very modern and simple, that can be good or bad. Are you going after the "organic and green" market?

I am guessing that you paid a company x dollars to make you some examples. See if they will make you 3 more for free. Just to give yourself a better selection. Not saying these wont work, but it's always nice to have choices.
  9. B Stove

B Stove LawnSite Member

I like #1 myself