Help Me Pick - Snapper Vs Exmark Vs Toro Commerical 21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IHusky, Aug 8, 2007.

1. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Toro 21" Commerical (22187) - $1350

Exmark 21" Commerical (MSKA21B)- $1200 last years model

Snapper 21" Ccommerical (CP216019) - $900 (recycler model)

All from the same dealer. All Kaw engine with spin on oil filter. Snapper has steel deck, I think the Exmark has alum deck, I know the toro has aluminum deck. Like the fact that the snapper has a steel bar and not cable for the speed control, but the gas tank is smaller and not seperate like on the Toro and Exmark. Will buy very soon, my Cub is a piece of sh_t. Thank you.
  2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

From those I would say the Exmark because it has the blade break clutch.
  3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

May I ask you why the prices are so high?? In my area the toro with zone start and kawasaki sell for $1075 before sales tax. and the snapper comm. with recycler sell for $700. I got my snapper for $871 out the door. But mine is a hivac bagging deck which works well for mulching also. The bagging deck costs a lot more than the recycler but is worth it. Get the snapper imo. Easier to fix, cuts better, can "discharge", and overall more reliable. I have had both toro and snapper, and like the snapper over the toro. I do however like my suzuki 2 cycler toro.
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have to second the Snapper as I am having trouble with my Exmark Metro 26" in the power and mulching department. I have the homeowner Snapper which is basically the same build, but lacks the Kawi engine and steel wheels but other then the little rubber wheel wearing out every once in a while its a tried and true system. The Snapper also lets you shift on the fly whereas the Exmark has to be far as the blade break...take off the safety mechanism on the Snapper and the blade/engine turns all of the time without stopping...this may not be as safe as the blade break, but will allow you to step away from the mower to pickup your fingers when you cut them off without having to restart the mower.
  5. IHusky

This dealer is a little on the high side but just 5 min down the street. Willing to pay a little more for this dealer. I think I am leaning twards the snapper, although I think any one of these mowers would be fine for me after using my hated Cub for the last 4 years. The drive broke again and thats it.....I'm done with it!!!!!!! :blob2: :angry: :gunsfirin :gunsfirin Will sit in the gargage as back up. Would like to here some more opinions. Thank you.
  6. IHusky

oh yeah, S man, what is the imo? thanks
  7. bullethead

bullethead LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Have tried pretty much every commercial push mower on the market and now we are back to Snapper.
  8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I was saying, get the snapper in my opinion.
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Out of the 3, either the Toro or the Exmark. Having the BBC is nice but as the machine ages, its just more parts to fail and more stuff to fix.
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

BBC is over rated on a 21", just disconnect the safety or tie wrap the handle.