Help ME PLEASE !!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnboy33, Apr 10, 2004.

1. TheWoodser

TheWoodser LawnSite Member

I sent the letters to Lawnboy. If anyone else would like them, let me know.

Woods

2. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

I guess everything works a little different for everyone. At first i Tried the newspaper, got a few calls in 3 months, signed up my first 2 customers that way. Got sick of waiting for that to take off so My son and I started walking neighborhoods and and dropping business sized cards that i made and printed on the computer. I made cards with an instant quote for mowing, trimming, edging, blowing ect..... some cards say 30 some 35 some 40 ect..... we just look at the lawns as we walk the neighborhood and drop the appropriate card. Unbeleivavble Results !!!! Getting on average about 2 new customers per 100 put out. It takes us about an hour to put out 200 depending on the type of neighborhood. People love the instant quote, it saves time on going back after the phone call to give an estimate. They just call and say sounds good. I have some customers I have never met face to face. I mow, they pay by mail.

3. ramseym

ramseym LawnSite Member

Hey TheWoodster would you mind fowarding me a copy of the samples. I would really appreciate it! Thanks

4. weedboy

weedboy LawnSite Member

Hey triad
    It worked about the same for me. I got some clip art off the net, made my own flyer, had copies made on bright paper and went door to door. I passed 500 , got 35 customers and gained another 30 by mid summer. Not bad for $30 worth of paper and some shoe leather. You had a great idea with the instant estimate. I've thought of offering my lawn customers a tree/shrub program in that way. Bet it'd work!

5. timmz69

timmz69 LawnSite Member

Hey woodster I wouldn't mind a copy of that either....Thanks