1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help me price leaves!!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cutshortlandscaping, Nov 5, 2013.

1. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Okey thank you
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

wow I guess I can't complain about paying $5 a load no matter the size.
  3. shark78

shark78 LawnSite Member

Wow...we don't pay at the dump for yard waste, they use it as mulch at the dump to aid in composting the refuse...I really hope they don't start!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey where are you dumping :waving:
  5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

They jumped my leaf price again this year its now 6 a yard and that stings when you figure I have 12-15 yards in a box. 14 is just disgusting that would cost me about $200 a truck load and I have 20 plus loads a year.
  6. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm so grateful for the price I pay now, 6 bucks a yard is still too much. A place near me was charging 10 at a discounted rate. I just laughed and hung up the phone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I pay 15 a load no matter what it is or how big of a load
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I often have guys who need clean fill ask me to dump there. If its convenient and easy access, its great, and free. Might be able to find multiple sites in your area/s.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

I pay $10/ton at the county dump for any yard debris with a $10 minimum. If you ask around most farmers will take all you've got for free and use it for compost in the fields.

As for pricing to the customer if it's 30 minutes each way add 1 hour to your bid, plus whatever mileage you charge for the truck to drive both ways plus the dump fee. Don't give your time or equipment for free but I'm guessing that once you add your dump fees most customers will no longer be interested in your services. Find somewhere cheaper to get rid of it but still remember to charge for your time, mileage and dump fees.
  10. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

i don't pay to dump leaves anywhere i dump. but the places around here that do charge are like $5-10 for a any size load.

OP i'd say the place you dump your leaves is giving you a pretty good dicking. as far a hauling goes i just charge them by the hour plus a disposal fee.