Help me put this back together.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Danscapes, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I took apart my Stihl FS-90 to replace the throttle cable (which was easy enough) but now putting the handle back together is the tricky part. I figured out how all of the triggers and springs go back together, but I cant figure out how to get the kill switch back in. Anybody done this or have a diagram as to how it goes back together?

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Best bet is to take apart another one and pay attention. I still have to do this. all of the stihl stuff use the same hand assemble that i've seen.

3. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

pm me i will send you a pic if give me a phone # its a pic i took with my phone

4. MrOPEguy

MrOPEguy LawnSite Member

Here's the instructions, with pictures.

Attached Files:

5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

What is up with Stihl throttle control linkages any way. They seem to be designed by Rube Goldberg. Where one or two parts would do the same job they have 15. Never will understand that.

6. MrOPEguy

MrOPEguy LawnSite Member

Dude, I don't know. I have selling and servicing Stihl for over 15 years and I am still asking that question.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Well it went back together easier that I was making it out to be. LOL! I was having a dee dee dee moment......turns out once you take the plastic "protector" off of the kill switch it goes right in! All along I have it on there and was trying to install it like that.:hammerhead: Thanks for the responses guys.