Help me with buying this Walker GHS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TylerAssociatesLLC, Apr 29, 2001.

1. TylerAssociatesLLC

TylerAssociatesLLC LawnSite Member

I got a line a '95 Walker GHS, 48" with a 20hp kohler. It has 1066hrs on it and is currently owned by a home owner. I havent see it myself yet but it is said to be in good condition. Is there anytihng i should look for when buy this year or make? engine? hydros? part failures??
    What should i expect to pay for it?
    Thanks
    Travis Tyler
    Tyler Associates LLC

2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Go to the Walker website, They have a check lists of things to look for on used Walkers.

3. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a lot of hours on it for a homeowner. Check to see if he bought it new or used himself.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Check the blower impeller by looking down into the housing.If it looks very worn, feel inside the housing for wear groves. Look for holes in side of housing in engin compartment. Look for wear through holes in the wide belt that runs off engin pully that drives the blades. Push down on auto belt tensioners and spin ideler pullies to check bearings. Take off air breather cover and check pre filter and filter. If the deck has big bangs in it as if some one has hit something hard then listen for loud viberation from cutter deck. If this unit has the rectangle endes on the deck drive shaft, its the old style and runs louder anyway.The 1995 model year did not have the tilt up deck.In good condition this unit should bring 3+ thousand.

A word to the wise. The new decks(2000) with the splined drive shaft give a cut thats like night and day compared to the origenal decks.An up grade may be in order,($1,700.00 deck and shaft).

I have a 1996 Walker with almost 1600 hours and it still runs great.

Gene