Help me with Garnishment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Pallas, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a couple of unsatisfied/uncollected lawsuits. The president's economic stimulus package may just be the thing to help me collect.
    Does anyone know how to do a one time, non periodic garnishment? I know how to fill out all the paperwork. I just don't know where to file the garnishment against the federal return/rebate. Anyone have an idea?

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I am not a lawyer and I could be wrong but this can't be done in the amount of time you have. you need to win a judgment, and if that could be done you would have a garnishment in place already with the previous lawsuits.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You have to file a writ of execution down at the court. Do you ave a copy of an old check from them? This will have their account number on it.

4. Stillwater

Before you can file a writ you need a judgement does he have that?

5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck getting that money.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

He said that he had the unsatisfied/uncollected suits. These are from either forfeitures of the defendants, or settlements that were just left unpaid.

7. Stillwater

Sorry..... I did not realise he had existing judgments

8. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done writs on State returns before. I just haven't done a writ on a Federal return. I need to know/advice on how to do the Federal level. Thanks.

Hi Joe.