Help me with parts of agreement

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DynaMow, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

How about this statement, give me your thoughts how to word this statement.

If serviced is backed up due to weather conditions Contractor will resume scheduled day as weather permits.

Thank you
    Craig

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I would say speak to your attorney for any type of legal jargon that is going into your contract.

My honest opinion, I don't like it at all. I'm really not sure what you are trying to convey.

Define "backed up"

what "weather conditions"

"...Contractor will resume scheduled day..." Huh?

Sorry, not trying to be rude but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Perhaps,

Contractor reserves the right to extend projected completion date if the following (something like including, but not limited too...) inclement weather, changes to the scope of work/job specifications, and/or unforeseen complications.

Like I said, even my response is wacky, you probablly should speak to your attorney.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Keep it simple how many cuts do you get 32 and up, in your contract state how many cuts in 2006 and leave it.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Just replace "backed up" with delayed. It looks fine to me, not something I would go running to a lawyer for.

5. thill

thill LawnSite Member

when we address schedules we simply add "weather permitting" at the end.

6. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

"weather conditions may dictate an altered mowing schedule" that is what my attorney suggested a few years ago and been in contracts since.

7. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

this is for a lawn maintenance agreement

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Then as one of the others have said, just state 'weather permitting' I thought this was for a contract in which you had to give a start date and completion date.

9. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

"Weather conditions, such as rain or drought, may affect the timing and frequency of lawn service."

or the more technical:

"Homeowner is aware that weather conditions, such as rain, may cause a delay in service, in which case Contractor may not perform service on scheduled day. It is understood that, depending on the length and severity of the rainstorm, it may take Contractor varying amounts of time to fulfill all work covered under this agreement."

10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Simple. "Contractor reserves the right to re-schedule services due to unfavorable weather conditions."