Help me with this big, I have pictures finally.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Superiorlandscaping, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Superiorlandscaping

Superiorlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Ma

Here is a commercial account I am hoping to get. I went and talked to the owner and he seemed very optimistic about giving the job to a younger company. Since I took the Pictures today there is obviously snow on the ground but I will try to explain which sections have grass, which sections are flower beds, and which sections have ground cover on them.

2. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Here is a shot of what I consider about half of the mowing.

im000056.jpg

3. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Here is about a quarter of the mowing

im000070.jpg

4. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Here is the last quarter of the mowing, the grass goes up to the where the building is. After that its a football field size rock bed.

im000072.jpg

5. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Here are some pictures of the flower beds which have to be kept imaculate.

im000061.jpg

6. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Another flower and shrub bed

im000060.jpg

7. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Here is a shrub that goes the length of the walk way. It must have all weeds pulled, and be trimmed at all times.

im000073.jpg

8. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Some More trimming and weeding

im000075.jpg

9. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

Here is the main parking lot which must be blown down every time. All sand and cigarette buts must be picked up also. It decent sized

im000076.jpg

10. Superiorlandscaping

from Ma

The ceo of the company wants me to put in a bid. They want the bid to consist of two items. The cost of the spring clean-up including materials such as mulch, disposing of waste and labor. Then they want a bid on the contract for the year. There is about a 30 week growing season and they do have irragation so there is not really a dormat season. The job consists of mowing those sections of lawn, a few smaller sections, making the beds imaculate, making sure all shrubs are trimmed(there are a couple which arent in the picture). Also, the parking lot and entrances must always been clean and no weeds in the rock bed. I think I am going to charge 35 dollars a man hour. My mulch cost is around 28 dollars p/yard. Generally in the past it has taken me around 8-9 man hours to complete thoroughly. I want my bid to be competitive because this is an amazing company to work for. There bills are always paid on time every month. Also judging from the size of the parking lot how much would charge for a plowing contract. Thank you very much for all the help.