1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

HELP ME with this tree bid please

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by buckhunterjb, Apr 9, 2014.

1. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

So after paying your buddy your willing to do this work for $10.00 per hour???

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a pole saw
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. buckhunterjb

buckhunterjb LawnSite Member

those trees are like tooth picks on the top they shouldn't take to much to cut up. im going to cut the logs into 2-3 foot logs and stack them in the ditch. I do asphalt for a living, but this is one of my plowing accounts and he wants me to take down these trees. I think $1500 is a lot of money or but I may be under estimating myself.. how long would u expect this to take with me and another guy. thanks guys

4. buckhunterjb

no way ha-ha I wouldn't touch this for anything under $25 hour cash.

5. whiffyspark

2 days

Them being toothpicks adds a whole other problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. buckhunterjb

yes I do but I can drop them trees all in one. and if they happen to get caught up I can pull them down with my truck and strap

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

20 mh's, $25 an hour wouldn't get me out of the yard.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

That's not the problem. These trees aren't going to fall like an oak. They're just going to snap once you cut 3/4 off the way through.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. buckhunterjb

ok well what do u suggest I do. :weightlifter:

10. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Without knowing your experience level and weather or not your carrying any insurance for this type of work I believe you would be better off subbing the job out to someone else and charge a slight margin for the job.
    Taking on the job without enough experience and knowledge on how much to charge may be a disaster in the making.
    easy-lift guy