HELP ME with this tree bid please

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by buckhunterjb, Apr 9, 2014.

1. buckhunterjb

buckhunterjb LawnSite Member

True unloading all that sucks by myself lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

In general it seems like unskilled labor costs 30-40 a hr, skilled or with smaller equipment 60-75 a hr higher medium sized equipment 75-150 a hr and large equipment 150 plus. It doesn't seem to matter what industry but around here those are the norm
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Tree2Tree

Tree2Tree LawnSite Member

We charge out around $120 an hour . 4 hours, $480. that said its a $480 job even if chipping the brush saves us an hour for 3 hours of total on site. Although thats not an exact science, we add / subtract based on difficulty, wood staying or going ect.

4. JCLawn and more

from MI

are also in Canada where everything is more....

5. Tree2Tree

Maybe in your area, I belong to a few arborist forums and $120 to $150 an hour is average.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I bid by the foot most guys around here bids same way
    Take range finder and shoot it
    This way the customer knows what they going pay before the job starts

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

I know if they break out the climbing gear it gets pricy. The prices I shot out if from accountants to excavation companies. Yes some charge more but it seems like most fall into those ranges.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Tree2Tree

Ah yes makes sense. I should clarify, that price includes 2 guys, chipper and ofcourse all the climbing gear that goes with.

9. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Never thought I would have to quote myself so here go's.

IMHO, continuing to advise the OP without reading the thread from the beginning is just about as useful as talking among your selfs and blissfully agreeing on what to do about nothing. Let's try and stay focused for the OP
    and think about your replies.
    easy-lift guy

10. buckhunterjb

buckhunterjb LawnSite Member

He is going to be home tommrow morning and im going to go over some things then im going to give him my price and see what he says. For example theres roughly 30 trees that he wants down. If he called me and wanted just one tree down id charge him prob 50-70$ but thats just one tree now if i charged him 30 a tree and gave him the discount cause its a bigger job thatd still be 900$. Id have about 20$ in gas at max and maybe 200$ in labor. I could have it done in a 10 hour day. Haha ill let u know how it goes then u guys can judge my skills from this job lol
    Posted via Mobile Device