Help Me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BerksLawn, May 4, 2001.

1. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

Hey, I have a 48" kees belt drive walkbehind with a 14hp kawi. its a 2000 and its a great mower ive only replace the throtle control. Ive been having this problem mainly on my yard and yesterday one of my customers. The grass isnt to high but the engine dies and comes back. This happens when im on the velke. So then i get of and go in second then first but it hits bumps and almost shuts off. Any help would
    be great Thanks

2. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

the air cleaner, the spark plug and the owner's manual. Could be air getting thru a crack or pinhole in the fuel line.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

the reaction to bumping sounds like water in carb bowl.
    check for water in gas

4. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I have had sim. trbl. and both times it was dirt in the bowl,Keep air filter clean!!it was water 1 time,left mower out in t storm..

5. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

air filter was just repalaced havent had rain in a week or two and the gas is pretty low now so im sure there isnt any water in it well i just mowed the yard today and it was fine but it only does it every once and awhile

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

1. Is it like the Honda's that have that oil level cutoff? Is it doing this on hills? Check your oil level. 2. Possible carb problem, pull the screw on the base of the carb (so easy I can even do it) then see if the sediment cup is full of stuff. 3. Make sure your deadman control switches are in good order. Saying that this happens on bumps kinda leads me to believe this may be the problem. May be difficult to test but could quite possibly be the problem.

7. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

It's cheap & could fix your problem. I once had a snowblower doing what your mower is doing. Turned out air was getting into the fuel line.

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If it has oil alert,check the level,if its low it will shut off on bumps.Make sure your mower deck is not plugged with grass,mine will stall right out when it plugs up.