help meg-mo vs gator blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn dogg, Apr 6, 2008.

1. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

I have always used gator blades thinking about trying meg-mo can anyone help with the pros and cons, the meg-mos are pretty pricy would like some info berfore buying them. running 61" wrights and bobcats with 25 hp kaw. and does the spindles hold up as well with the meg-mos.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Meg-Mos draw lots of power. I bought a set for my 27/60 EverRide and ran them only 1 day. Too much load on the engin. I don't see how others can like them, but there are some that say they run them all the time.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is funny, the website boasts that they reduce engine drag. i dont know, but makes you wonder.

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We run around a 99.6% happy costumer base and that is why we give your money back if we can not get the blades to work for you. Price wise we are less expenses than your blades you are using as we will out wear 3 or 5 sets of your blades than the knives are only $4.95@. Power wise very few complants.

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

This is why we give a money back if we can not make the MEG MO blades work for you. A happy customer may tell one other person but a unhappy will 10 or more.

7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

In my opinion, a 99.9% rate means that many people are HAPPY with the blades. Not that they were happy with how you returned their money when they didn't like them!