Help mounting blower rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I just received my ST1 Blower rack and I am ready to mount it. I was holding it up at different locations trying to find the best way to mount it on my 6x12 open trailer, but I cant decide and figured I would ask first.
    The only thing I have decided for sure is that I want it on the outside of the frame. My main concern is choosing a good location so that I can secure the blower tube. How are your tubes secured?

If anyone has input, photos, etc let me know.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

The tubes I usually see bungeed.. I have an enclosed trailer and have rings mounted on the wall that the tubes slide into... May be able to rig this up on yours , maybe take some 3" or 4" pvc tubing cut to maybe a 6" piece and bolt it to trailer side so the tube will sit in it and keep it out of the way.... ??? Just a thought ?? Also I think mounting the blowers towards the front of the trailer would be better than at back.. or if you can mount it in front ? that way its' out of the way..... ???
  3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have mine mounted on the right side (curb side ) of the trailer near the front. It's just in front of the trimmer rack. I use a bungee to strap the tube to the side rail of the trailer. I don't have a PC camera so I can't send a picture.
  4. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have mounted on the back of my trailer near the gate and I too use a bungee to anchor it to the rack. I have it on the curbside of my trailer. It sit there like the rack was made for it. I use the Jungle Jim Blower rack. It is a double holder. I will try to send you a picture tomorrow.
  5. Jimbo

Thanks guys- I was thinking of curb side near the front with the tube going behind my tool box along the front rail. I did pick up a 4" PVC tube as well.
    I was going to put the trimmer rack right beside the blower rack.

I didnt want to mount it and find out there was a "better way".

6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

just an idea

000_0003 (2).jpg
  7. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey MOWNGROW that looks like my set up, except I turn my powerheads the opposite way dont like the rock hitting them or what ever come out from under the truck tires. You have a nice ste up there
  8. Jimbo

I got it mounted yesterday. I did mount it at the front right corner with the tube going behind the tool box. I mounted it so that the unit is just above the rail (not as high as mowngrow). Next is the trimmer rack, but I have to make some mods before mounting that. I didnt know the trimmer trap TT-1 was made from angle iron. I thought it would be solid tube. Makes it real tough to mount on the outside of the rail.

P.S. Mowngrow- Thanks for the photo...Looks like you lawn needs some work.
  9. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Will the 1 1/2" kill you on the inside?
  10. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

Hey Mow and Grow,

What size trailer is that?