1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!! My Client Does Not Want Us To Use.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawn, May 5, 2008.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Today one of my clients told me that we are not allowed to use blowers anymore in his house. He gave me a lot of reasons, some of them are: ( not all)
    * Pollution
    * family members with asthma. breathing problems.
    He suggested to hose down everything instead of leaves blower or find some other type of equipment that will not blow all the debris around.
    Are some of your customers asking you to do the same?
    Any suggestions?
    Also he is interested in Pine straw mulch. Have you heard about that? I have no idea where to get it.

Please help!!!:cry::cry::cry::confused::confused::confused::confused::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::gunsfirin:gunsfirin:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::angry::angry::angry::angry::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:
  2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Time for little Johnny to be mowing this guys lawn. He doesn't need a pro out there taking care of him. He has no clue the value of your time or equipment.

Don't even consider this, make sure you are paid up to date and then let him go.

Good luck!
  3. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I agree - you are a professional and this is one of your tools. How would a dentist like it if you told him not to use a drill because it hurts so much. Either they go in the house and shut the windows or you move on to a new client. Funny thing is, when you lost one, you usually get a better one to replace them.
  4. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

Pine Straw mulch is simply dead pine needles... the pita stuff we rake from under pines during clean-ups. It is very commonly used as mulch in the south. A bigger nursery should be able to order it for you... comes in bales for you to break up. I priced it for a customer once, and it was more than custom colored hardwood.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell them good bye:waving: You will better off trust us.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Edge and trim first, then suck up everything when you mow, there shouldn't be too much left behind. On leaf cleanups, well, I have no idea. Just don't clean up the areas you cant get with the mower.
  7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

What a bunch of wussies :laugh: rakes, brooms we all used them years ago it works fine. No big deal just need to charge more for the additional time. Then you will have a niche market.

You think he is the only one with breathing problems? He will talk and you can expand while our dinosaur brethren whine about a customer (the ones who make our lively hood possible) who has the audacity to asked for a particulr product. :dizzy:Imagine that.
  8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

what are you going to do in the fall? Rake leaves? Imagine that.

"Sorry sir, but my mower makes dust too." oh and "Sorry, I don't waste water. Boston harbor has enough pollution in it, it does not need your lawn waste too.
  9. thezaz

thezaz LawnSite Member

drop them and pick up someone new. plus they make blowers and trimming gear to be low emistion. It's not worth it tell them to cut it himself
  10. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys!!!

He said that cost is no an issue for him. He is one of my best clients, has 2 houses.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The worst part is that the City is considerating on banning the leaf blowers